Monday, December 8, 2008

Casa Alexandru - Sofronea

I went to visit the center in Sofronea today. I took flour, sugar, gris (like Cream of Wheat) and rice. When I walked in I was greeted with "oh, look it's Jackie!" There is a worker there that I knew when she was working at the orphanage in Neudorf years ago.

One girl there is Andreea. Cassandra knew her from the State facility at CP3 then she was at Mocrea. Andreea was excited when I said Cassandra would visit soon. A girl sat on my lap and is my new best friend I think - and I think her name is Susie.

I promised them that Santa Claus would visit and bring each a present. There are 4 females and 2 males at this house, it started out as a private facility but was given to the State when the foundation could not afford the help or the overhead.

I look forward to putting together a program there and getting some others involved.

I had an awesome photo included in this post with Andreea and Susie on my lap but then I thought "Ah Oh" State facility - no pictures allowed. Bummer.

No comments: