Monday, July 18, 2011

Camp 2011 Day 1

The kids arrive in camp. Our final count was 64. The kids were all at the pick-up locations early, eager to go! I had asked about the road in to camp - the last 2 years it was pretty bad. The first year I had trouble with my 4x4 getting up in to the camp. The directors of the camp, Matt & Lorraine, assured me the road was good - yes a bus could make it. As the bus rounded the curve, over the last little hill there were gasps - look a bus made it!! Quick get a picture...OK I did. Didn't I ask...? Yes but we thought you meant a bus in to the area - not all the way in camp - this is a first. Again, unwittingly, I have pushed the envelope!

That's the bus driver in the foreground on the next picture, he looks like he is scratching his head...the kids aren't used to buses or roads like that. Bogdan said, and I quote "...they were throwing up like fountains!" OK - so I tipped the driver!








The camp is old west style with the kids sleeping in either covered wagons or teepees. They have a storefront type building as staff cabins and have added a stage this year. Every year they add on to the camp.



The first meal at camp - lunch. It was really good, I stayed to make sure they all settled in well. Sarah called me later that night to say the boys were beating on their teepee and they couldn't sleep - hey honey - that is the camp experience!

No comments: