Monday, March 2, 2009

Food Bank to open March 7



I spent several days last week buying and transporting food to the new building. It looked like a lot piled up in the bed of the truck as well as the back seat as I made three separate trips. Many people have been asking where it will be, what hour we open etc. I thought I had bought enough for the first two weeks but I think I will go and shop some more, It would be a disaster if we ran out of food. I have been involved in near riot situations here before when this has happened with other distributions. Ordinarily this would not bother me but we will be in town and this is a rented building and I do not want to draw the attention of the police or Jardarme. Most of the people that will come at first will probably be rromi and a crowd will certainly draw attention. I pray that over the first few weeks donated food will become available. I am not sure how this project will go I only felt impressed it was time to start. Please pray for this project and thatdonated food and helpers will come!

1 comment:

Kerri Craig said...

I found your blog!!! Yippee!! I'm so excited. I kept up w/ you in the past mainly thru C. I didn't know you had a blog. I've bookmarked it so I can keep up to date. I miss you all so much, and Romania in general.

Give my congrats to Vio & Ionci. I'll be praying for them.

How did the Visa issue go? Has a minister of health been appointed yet?

Give my love to all!

~ K