Friday, September 9, 2011

The last 30 days (or some of it anyhow)

I know that blogs are meant to be short blurbs posted often to keep people updated. Yeah's a few highlights of the last 30 days. I had some photos so it jogged my memory but as many of you know I am not very good at photographing my activities. My days have been jam packed though, that's for sure. Today I sort of felt I hit a wall and slid down to the floor but I know tomorrow will be better! A little while ago Elizabeth was outside practicing her guitar and Sarah was singing with her, Blessed It Be The Name of The Lord. Elizabeth doesn't know all the chords yet but the fact that they were worshiping - together, well it was one of those moments I will hang on to for when they are again at each others throats!

Maria had made a decision to follow Jesus many months ago and wanted to be baptized. She backed out at the last minute because her family was against woman preachers. Maria got really sick and was in the hospital, we paid for her health insurance. She was frightened of death and I was called to the house after she returned from the hospital. Maria's sister came in and said I should baptize her right then. I told Maria I would be back soon and I would pray about the timing of the baptism, I wasn't sure she wanted it or her family had decided because their pastors wouldn't come and do it. The family believed that if she should die before baptism she wouldn't go to heaven, so perhaps a woman preacher would do in such an emergency??? When I was called to her home I took anointing oil and we prayed for her. I told her that in doing this not only was there healing but the scripture said her sins would be forgiven. Peace filled the room and I left. The next day I was in Vinga and I thought the Lord impressed upon me to go and baptize Maria. Two of the church leaders were there with me so we went and baptized her. I really did not want the extended family there so I didn't announce it - I wanted this to be her decision. We sang a few songs after the baptism and when I turned around from Maria's bedside there must have been 40 people there. Maria died several days later - but I know she is with the Lord and has received the ultimate healing. I came to the wake and the family asked me to perform the service. I said I would.

Now they don't embalm, as a rule, in Romania and the people are laid out at home. The wake was 36 hours after Maria passed away, and it was over 100 degrees. Oh my...the night of the wake I suggested we have the funeral outside - to accommodate the people coming. I thought I was being tactful - then the husband commented..."and she stinks too". Well yes, there is that. The husband said he may not be able to get the death certificate so perhaps we should postpone the funeral another 24 hrs. NO! I will bury her without it (not legal). The mayor couldn't send transportation from the house to the cemetery so I used the truck. This is the third time it has been pressed in to service for a funeral procession. The heat the day of the funeral was unbelievable and I couldn't keep the truck going slow enough without riding the clutch so the people said to turn off the motor and they pushed the truck all the way through the village to the cemetery!

Sarah is growing up. There isn't a day that is not a challenge with either Sarah or Elizabeth (usually the both of them). Sarah has started voice lessons and will also take acting when school starts. Just right for my little drama queen.

Cerbu, from Osana, came to minister at Vinga. He brought some friends and the music was awesome! One of the musicians turned out to be a cousin to Bogdan - they were both surprised at meeting in Vinga.

Elizabeth continues to dance in the traditional Romanian dance troupe but she says she will give it up if it conflicts with her guitar lessons. She will also start graphic art lessons in a couple of week.

Rici! Don't drink
out of the hose!!!!

Rici has grown s-o-o-o-o-o big!! He turns two on Sunday. He allows me a chance to be a grandma!

No comments: