Thursday, February 3, 2011

Smilia and Aurelia

Smilia and Aurelia were the ladies in the Widow's Mite program I wrote about in December. The mother is somewhere in her 80's and Aurelia was in her 60's and profoundly retarded. Aurelia has spent most of the last year curled up in her crib in a fetal position. The mother's one prayer was that the Lord would take Aurelia home to be with Him before she died. The conditions were deplorable and we broke up old fencing to heat their meager room and piled all our extra blankets we had on them both.

We have checked on them often and made sure that they were being cared for - at least a minimal amount. Vlad went down today and Aurelia, the daughter, has gone home to be with the Lord and now Smilia has lapsed in to a coma. The caretaker is sitting with Smilia to wait it out. This is wonderful news to me and I know that everyone that knew of their situation will join me in rejoicing! I look forward to seeing them, as I do many, in heaven.

1 comment:

Mike Smith said...

Amen!!! I can see Aurelia dancing as we speak! And I suspect she won't be dancing alone long - what an amazing mother & daughter reunion that will be! God is indeed Good!