Saturday, December 19, 2009

There is so much I want to write about: the Mocrea Christmas party went so well! Today we did a large food distribution in Vinga and had the dress rehearsal for our Christmas program tomorrow - what a hoot that was! The important thing is that many children are involved! We have a few more gifts to distribute to the Widow's on Monday.

I managed to fall on the ice today, which was not the best thing for my knee. Tonight Elizabeth said she never wanted to get old. Why not, I asked - most of us do you know. She said because she doesn't want her legs to hurt like mine do. I explained that I played baseball well past the time I should have known better and was well warned by doctors about how my knees might be when I got older. Well now I am older...besides I told Elizabeth I could have them replaced. She asked why I didn't and then said probably I didn't have the money. She said she would save her allocation from the State to buy me new knees. Gosh I was touched and just smiled at her and then after a pause she added - as soon as I buy my MP3 player of course. I roared with laughter.

I do have pictures to share and I will get to it soon! I have 2 more days of ministry work for Christmas and then I am done. Praise The Lord for all His provision and sending people alongside to help at this time of year.

Irene, Wayne, Walter and myself had a lovely dinner tonight and a time of fellowship and prayer. We all have been so busy but needed this time this evening! We can get so busy with what we think is God's work that we leave no time for Him. After all, He is the reason for the season.

No comments: