Sunday, May 17, 2009

2 tons of potatoes

I got a good buy on potatoes in bulk. I actually ended up buying more than 2 tons. An awesome team here from St. Paul's in Steamboat Springs CO helped me bag and deliver them. After the bagging I got concerned that the potatoes were small and low quality. The old saying came to mind "you get what you pay for" and I indeed got a really good price. Of course the few bags I checked out had a better quality potato! I do not like to give things that are second best - especially not in clothes and food. I really dislike the attitude that because these people are so poor they should appreciate anything they might be given in spite of the condition - we should give our best. I spoke with many and told them that I knew the potatoes were of poor quality. I didn't get any pictures of the team helping me. Thank you all from Steamboat Springs!

No comments: