Sunday, November 30, 2008

I celebrated Thanksgiving with around 50-60 of my fellow missionary friends at my school. We had all the traditional goodies and it was a lot of fun. I was so happy to be out of the hospital to do that! I had told the doctor she had to either release me on Wednesday or give me a pass to get the building ready.

I also got a pass out of the hospital on Nov. 18, the day Ionut and Cassandra's daughter Caroline arrived! Cassandra's mom is here from Texas which is a real blessing. Cassandra had an emergency C-section but all is well and Caroline is gorgious!

I am behind on getting the Orphan Sponsor letters done. Adina Luca has done them for me for several years but she is now in the States working as a Nanny. I am going to try and get as many done as I can via e-mail. I hope this works for everyone. If you are waiting for your letter - I will get them all done, I promise!

I am so blessed that I have so much help for this Christmas season. I came out of the hospital feeling very much behind the power curve. Then I realized Christine and Peter were here until the 10th of Dec. and Wayne and Irene and here until the 17th.

This year Irene did all of the Christmas shoebox gifts in Wales and they arrived here by truck weeks ago. I think we have around 350 to distribute this year. Peter is doing most of the driving so that really saves me!

We will celebrate our family Christmas the 19th. The family that has helped me with the girls and other work for years, Vio and Ionci, are unhappy we will not be home for Christmas. Elizabeth and Sarah will be spending Christmas with their father and his wife's family. I will be accompaning them to England on the 21st and then going on to Wales to spend Christmas with Wayne and Irene. So...that means the girls want our tree up next week....

I will try and start putting more pictures in the blog (it's on my list of things to do).

No comments: