Saturday, July 7, 2018

Tabita

When I went over all that I had posted in the blog update from just yesterday ((below) I forgot to tell you about Tabita.  Tabita was born a dwarf. I had known her mom and siblings for at least 18 yrs. Several years ago there was an experimental program here in Romania with a new growth hormone.  We were able to get her admitted to the program and in time she began to grow!  One of the difficult things was her appetite for sweets. Everyone fed her snacks and sweets. The doctor warned me that she was gaining way too much weight and that her blood sugar was getting too high to continue with the growth medicines. I pleaded with her family as well the neighbors to stop...to no avail. They said she would cry. I was so frustrated but no amount of discussion get get them to stop feeding her this junk!.  She was removed from the program not too long after.  I kept track of her and visited her, she was becoming less and less mobile and was developing heart and lung problems. Randy, Tammy and I stopped in to visit her, she wanted prayer.  We did pray and I asked her if there was anything I could get for her?  She needed money for more distilled water for her breathing machine and asked if I could give her health.  My heart broke for her, paying for the water was easy - health not so easy.  After we left I prayed that the Lord would not let her suffer.  Spencer and Lynsey had continued to work with the Vinga kids and had a program for them. The last time I saw Tabita was at a Community Art Show that Spencer and Lynsey put together with art from the Vinga kids program. It took some doing to get her to the community center with her oxygen paraphernalia but they got her there, she had such a good time. Tabita went home to the Lord soon afterward.  She was 14.


No comments: