Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Spring has Sprung

End of March! We have seen the end of the ice and snow.  Soon we won't even need that one fire in the stove for the evening chill.  Do I splurge on a another set of tires for summer or just drive with this years new set of winter tires?  Ordinarily I would buy the summer tires, I usually change tires in April and October. This year maybe not. The good news is that I won't have to spend all that money for more tires...the bad news is that I am not sure I will be driving enough to warrant new tires. If you are reading this blog it is usually because you are someone that knows me well, if so you know I am not really pleased about being more or less grounded.

Before I chat more about me let me tell you about the projects!  All the people in Widow's Mite are looking forward to this spring.  Almost all of them ran out of wood since they started burning it early. In many cases I had to buy more. A miracle gift was received last month for them! I learned a very valuable lesson: do not start buying the wood really early because it is cheaper - they will start burning it for heat despite favorable temperatures!  Mocrea - many new patients have joined the program and several of the regulars have been able to leave. This is always a joy if they can go and then remain at home!  The visits are every Wednesday right now. We switch between Tuesday, Wednesday and sometimes Thursday depending on the shower schedules. It may change every few months. The patients so look forward to the weekly program. It is difficult sometimes to come up with new craft ideas!  Osana and Caleb houses. We have a visitor staying with us for 3 weeks, Farris. She is a delightful 17 yr. old that wants to be a missionary. We took her to Caleb house yesterday to interview the house parents and meet as well as play with the boys there.  I have tried to expose her to several of the ministries we are involved with at Rock Of Hope Ministries.  I am still involved in feeding and clothing the poor when resources are available. I received a couple of large bags of children's clothing last evening so we will prepare them for distribution. 

I had the right knee replaced in January and I did really well the first 6 weeks of rehabilitation. I received detailed instructions on doing these exercises at home and I was diligent.  About 10 days after the check up by the surgeon I apparently pulled a ligament on the new knee.  I waited almost 2 weeks o return to the doctor, hoping whatever I had done would heal. Not.  I will return to the doctor again in a week or so. I have knee braces coming from the States. My other knee was no better than the one I had replaced but picked the one that was the most painful  for the first surgery.  My left knee is objecting to this situation. The left knee is scheduled to be replaced in July. My plan was to update the blog after surgery in January but It was not comfortable to be seated at my desk for a period of time and then and then...well here we are today.

I went back and read my Thanksgiving blog post. Where am I today? Well the other members of Rock Of Hope Ministries have had to pick up the slack on what I can't do at this time. I had started back doing widows and Mocrea when I pulled the ligament. Actually we are not positive that is the problem as it is difficult to verify. I can't have a MRI because of the metal in both prostheses I have. All I can do is rest. In reading my Thanksgiving post I was reminded that in the tough times make a list of all you are thankful for. The pain is not intolerable and I do have medication available, So many people just have to suffer and do not have the luxury available to just rest. I mentioned ministry funds in the Thanksgiving post - no I have not located new sponsors or had many unexpected gifts (but there were some!)  I have been encouraged to start fund raising...oh my goodness that is not an easy one for me, but I think of my widows and orphans....In the Thanksgiving blog I mentioned my granddaughters - they are both in a good place right now. What a blessing!  Then I wrote that many people in my life are in serious situations...one has gone home to the Lord and we continue to hold up the others in prayer for miracles.  Now I come to the part where I have had to repent OUCH.  I wrote about being content where I was.  I was not content at this time. I wanted to go out and do what I wanted to do, go where I wanted to go...I was gazing heavenward and saying SERIOUSLY GOD???? Yup I am called to be content where I am right now. It is a daily battle. I am not in a place where I want to abide. An old lesson comes back to my spirit, mind and body - pain and peace can reside quite comfortably side by side. So I can say and will continue to say IT IS WELL WITH MY SOUL!

If you have continued to this point in reading this long post I would like to ask you to pray: for the girls and myself; pray for Rock Of Hope Ministries, Scott Carolyn and Ramona;  pray that the widows have food  and all that they need; that the children at Caleb and Osana will grow in to all that the Lord has for their lives; that the patients at Mocrea continue to be blessed. Also would you consider giving to support these projects? Would you please see if any of your friends or church family would like to help.  If anyone would like more information please feel free to contact me:  jackieramsey1998@yahoo.com. Checks are payable to Rock of Hope Ministries and they are mailed to George Ford  1164 North Fox Ridge Links Dr,  Vincennes IN 47591.  Rock Of Hope Ministries.org  provides a means of giving by credit card.  I realize that there are so many ministries and projects asking for donations and funds are limited everywhere but I also know there IS Provision for the Vision. The Lord has poured out His blessings for this ministry for over a quarter of a century and the best is yet to come! Please consider partnering with us if you have not already!

No comments: