Friday, August 27, 2010

Widow's Mite - Ema

Ema has died. In the Widow's Mite program we often have people pass away. Ema's first language was Serbian I think and she also spoke Hungarian. She was hard of hearing and somewhat senile, I was not able to share much with her verbally. I was able to tell her Jesus loved her and and He had sent me to help with food. I hope I meet up with her in heaven some day. Ema had been transported to a chapel in a cemetery just two hours before I arrived with her food on Wednesday. I asked about a service and they said she would be buried the next day. She had no family left and I thought how sad to be buried without anyone to say goodbye so I planned to attend. They never called me with the time or place so perhaps there was no service. Ema mattered to me and I just wanted to share this with you.

No comments: